Thursday, January 13, 2011

Runaway by Alice Munro


A collection of stories about love, escaping and adventure. Runaway reflects both the beauty and betrayals of love in men and women in completely different circumstances. Their lives are vividly described as a collection of tales in which relationships are formed, chances are lost and fate is met.

***

Runaway has got to be one of the most boring books I've ever read. I only found 2 out of 8 of the stories in this book somewhat average, and even they were hard to get into.

The only thing I liked about the book was the book cover. I thought the storyline of each story is also slightly original, at least. Besides that, though, there were far too many unnecessary descriptions with strange dialect in dull context and boring chunks. Some stories were slightly too predictable, as well. The main characters were hardly worth reading about and the author also tends to go on and on about useless information. The stories also frequently jump back and forth in time frames, which is beyond confusing. For some reason, Alice Munro also likes to end each story with a random sentence which isn't relevant in any shape or form to the story itself. It took me a while to finish this book because I couldn't bring myself to read on.

If I could unread this book I would. I recommend reading this book so we can discuss the horror that is Runaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment